Reputation? It's important to focus on
"It takes a good many deeds to build a reputation, and only one bad one to loose it" -Benjamin Franklin
The fashion industry is EXTREMELY small. People constantly move around, and it is imperative to establish and maintain a strong reputation. The connections you make at your current company will be helpful later in your career; especially if they are working for a company you're interested in.
Key points to remember:
- Smile and be thankful when asked to complete a task, especially if it's for the entire team
- Offer to spearhead tasks for the team
- Don't let stress or a bad mood affect your interactions
- Consistently strive to go above and beyond in all that you do
- No task is too small, and no one is above any task. Try and find something positive about the task if you feel it is mundane or unnecessary
- Be dependable; the best thing you can do is for your boss to know when given a task you will complete it efficiently and accurately
- Develop strong relationships with everyone you work with: vendors, the mailman, receptionist, other teams within your company, etc. It can be exhausting, but it's worth it
- Be timely with your email responses and follow-up (show others you care about your role by quickly responding and giving the person what they requested)
- Over communicate; don't let something get lost in translation
- Ensure that you're on the same page with those you are working with. You may be thinking one thing that others didn't realize
- If an email upsets you take time to calm down before responding
- Be humble!